The Hidden Methods Conference is a trainee-led one-day virtual symposium that gives you an opportunity to expand on the skills developed and knowledge gained that you never had a chance to talk about. In short, you can turn that line in a paper into a line on your CV.
The format will be 10 minute talks (plus 2 minutes for questions). There may or may not be a keynote speaker.
When is it?
– April 27th, 2022. It will run from 10AM–3 PM (MST).
Where is it?
– On Airmeet. A link will be sent out closer to the start date of the conference.
How do I submit?
– Click on the Registration button above. A scientific committee will look over the abstracts (max ~250 word limit) and give a thumbs up or down (mostly thumbs up) a little bit later. We’ll let you know when we’ve made a decision.
How much does it cost to submit / attend?
– It’s free! In fact we’re going to give some cool prizes to the best talk(s).
I’m not sure if my research / my talk fits in…
– If it’s something you’ve worked on for a long time and you feel passionate enough to talk about it, absolutely feel free to submit! We want people who are excited to tell everyone about something new that they’ve learned. If you’re really unsure, email me or DM me on Twitter and I’ll be the ultimate arbiter of truth.
– There’s a Twitter account, because why not. It’ll have all of the latest updates.
But what about…
– If you have more questions, send me an email and maybe I’ll add it here.